We will create a simple rule providing customers with a discount when the value of their cart reaches a certain amount.
Remember that, in order to build rules for your Campaigns, you can use the data sent through your Talon.One integration to choose from a series of attributes contained in the Rule Builder palette.
Issuing a discount on the session total when the cart items total reaches a minimum value
Let’s build a rule for the customers to receive a 5% discount on the total value of their session when they have items worth at least 500 in their cart.
- Click the Apps button in the left-most menu.
- Select an Application.
- Click a Campaign.
- Click Rule Builder in the left-side menu of the Campaign.
- Click Add Rule.
- Type a name for your rule. For example, 5% off for 500.
- In Conditions, click Add condition.
- Click Validate attribute value.
- Select Cart items total (Current session) in the palette.
- In the drop-down menu, choose Is greater than or equal to.
Enter the total value of the items in the cart. In our case, it is 500.
- Click the check mark to the right of the condition to save it.
- In Effects, click Add effect.
- Click Discount session total.
- In Discount name, type a suitable name. For example, 5% off.
- Set Discount value to [Session.Total]*5%.
- Click the check mark to the right of the effect to save it.
- Click Save at the top-right of the page.
Now, if a customer has items worth 500 or more in their cart, they will see a 5% discount applied to it.