Collections allow you to upload a CSV file containing a list of values to Talon.One.
Collections are great whenever you have a large list with thousands of SKUs, items, profile IDs, or email addresses that you want to whitelist or blacklist for a campaign.
|Only users with admin permission can add a collection to a campaign.|
Understanding the scenario
Let's imagine that we want to create a campaign that gives a 10% discount to all email addresses of customers that live in Berlin.
For this example, we are considering that you already have a list with this information.
Creating a collection
Ensure that the CSV file you have is ready for you to upload. You can download a CSV sample file below to understand how you should format it. Only one column is required and its header must be
|Click here to download a CSV sample file.|
After formating the CSV file you can upload it to a collection in Talon.One.
To upload the CSV to a collection:
- Create a campaign, go to the rule builder and click on + Add Rules.
- Click on collections in the top right corner of the page.
- Define a name and description for the collection.
- Upload the CSV file and click on Save Collection.
Adding the collection to a condition
After creating the collection, you can now add it to a condition. We will add a condition that checks if the user belongs to the collection we created in the previous step.
To add a collection to a condition:
- Click on + Add Condition and select validate attribute value.
- Change the attribute to Integration ID (Customer Profile).
- Change the operator to is in collection.
- Select the collection you created in the previous step.
- Click on + Add Effect and select discount session total.
Talon.One will automatically check if the user trying to get the discount belongs to the collection and will only apply the 10% discount to users that are included in the collection.