A collection is a list of values of your choice that you can use in your rules.
Typically, you can use a collection to create a large list of SKUs, items, profile IDs, or email addresses that you want to whitelist or blacklist for a campaign.
|Only users with Admin permission can add a collection to a campaign.|
Collections can be created within a campaign or at the account level. Account-level collections can be enabled for different Applications and used in different campaigns at the same time.
Understanding the scenario
Let's imagine that we want to create a campaign that gives a 10% discount to all email addresses of customers that live in Berlin. To achieve this, we can create a collection containing all our email addresses and use it in a condition.
Creating a campaign-level collection
Prepare the UTF-8 CSV file describing your collection. You can download a CSV sample file below to understand how you should format it.
Important: Only one column is required and its header must be
item. The maximum number of items is 500,000.
Download a sample CSV file.
- Create a campaign, go to the rule builder and click on + Add Rules.
- Click Collections in the top right corner of the page.
- Define a name and description for the collection.
- Upload the CSV file and click on Create Collection.
Using a collection in a condition
After creating a collection, you can use it in a condition. We will add a condition that checks if the user belongs to the collection we created in the previous step.
- Click on + Add Condition and select validate attribute value.
- Change the attribute to Integration ID (Customer Profile).
- Change the operator to is in collection.
- Select the collection you created in the previous step.
- Click on + Add Effect and select discount session total.
Talon.One will automatically check if the user trying to get the discount belongs to the collection and will only apply the 10% discount to users that are included in the collection.