Paid loyalty programs are a great way to reduce the likelihood of customer churn and increase a customer's lifetime value.
In this tutorial, let's see how to build the structure for a paid loyalty program in Talon.One.
Understanding the scenario
Let's imagine that every time a customer purchases a subscription to your loyalty program we include them into a special category in Talon.One. All clients included in the loyalty program receive special perks, free items, and discounts.
We recommend that you involve your development team when building the campaign.
Creating the required custom attribute
This campaign requires the creation of a custom attribute for storing the subscription status of a client. The campaign automatically updates the client's membership duration when they subscribe to the loyalty program.
|Note: To create a custom attribute you need admin permission.|
To create the custom attribute:
- Click on Account.
- Under Dev Tools, click on Attributes.
- Click on + Create Attribute.
- Set the associated entity as Customer Profile.
- Set the attribute type as Time.
- Define an API name, Title, and short description.
- Associate the new attribute to your application and click on Create.
Creating a campaign to assign membership
Let's create the campaign that assigns the membership after the client subscribed.
- Create a loyalty program.
- Create a campaign.
- Add a rule and a condition to check whether the client is subscribing to the program. (Check with your development team what conditions you should add).
- Add the effect update attribute value.
- Select the custom attribute you created in the previous step.
- Change the operator to add days and the next field to 30.
Rewarding subscribed members
You can now create another campaign to reward clients that are subscribed to your loyalty program. To do that:
- Create a campaign.
- In the rule builder add the validate an attribute condition.
- Change the attribute to current time.
- Change the operator to is before and click on the three lines icon to include an attribute.
- Search for the attribute you created in the first step.
- Add the effects.
You have multiple options to reward your clients. Add the effect discount session total to give a total discount on your clients' purchases. Alternatively, you can use the effect add free items to give free items.
You can create multiple campaigns to give different rewards to your clients based on different criteria. Make sure you always include the condition described above to ensure the campaign only targets clients subscribed to your program.
If you want to learn more about loyalty terminology and program types, take a look at Talon.One's comprehensive summary of loyalty.