A loyalty subledger is an individual loyalty points wallet within a loyalty program. You can create multiple subledgers for one loyalty program. Subledgers give you total control over where your customers can earn and redeem their loyalty points.
One use case example is when your loyalty program has different loyalty points wallet for different geographical regions.
Select a Loyalty Subledger
To access a subledger you need first to select which subledger balance you want to use within a campaign.
To select a subledger:
- Enable the campaign loyalty feature in the campaign settings
- Access the Rule Builder within a campaign
- Click on the Subledger Balance button
After selecting the subledger you can choose which loyalty program it belongs to, set a name for it under Subledger and save it.
Access the Loyalty Subledger
Once you have created the subledger you can access it in Conditions or Effects within the Rule Builder.
To use a subledger in conditions:
- Add the condition "Validate an Attribute".
- Select the subledger attribute you want to validate, which can be:
- Current Balance - The current loyalty points balance in the selected subledger.
- Pending Balance - The loyalty points balance in the selected subledger with a validity date in the future.
- Tentative Current Balance - The current loyalty points balance in the selected subledger considering any tentative additions or deductions.
You can also check how many points a user has within a subledger by adding the "Check Loyalty Points" condition. When using this condition you can set a name for the Subledger in the condition itself.
To use a subledger in effects:
- Add the "Add Loyalty Points" effect.
- Select the Loyalty Program with a subledger.
- Type the name of the subledger.
With the "Add Loyalty Points" effect you can add loyalty points to a subledger of your choice.
Next, you might want to check out: