Discounts are a simple concept, but there are many different ways you can offer them to a new and returning customer.
Below we've included a small sample of possible campaigns using our powerful rule builder, but this list is far from exhaustive
Discount on Shipping Cost
If users are a member of the premium loyalty program, or if they spend over a certain amount, give them a discount on the shipping cost or free shipping.
- Shipping costs are often cited as the number one reason for shopping cart abandonment
- Offering a shipping discount is a great way to decrease cart abandons and increase conversions.
- Use free shipping discounts in conjunction with a minimum purchase requirements to increase your average order value.
Buy 3 Pay 2
If adds 3 items to their shopping card from a from a list of specified items you've assigned, automatically apply a discount of 100% on the cheapest of the three items.
- This promotion is perfect for increasing sales on specific categories or products.
- Add time-sensitive conditions to increase campaign engagement and boost conversion rates.
If customers have a “last month spend” of 1000€ or more, send a coupon code with 100€ discount. If customers have an average of three or more orders per month, and the account has been active for three or more months, send a 20% coupon code via email.
- Use information about your customers to create targeted deals for customer segments
- Nurture high-value customers and segment them by their preferences, average order value or average number of items for example, to drive more targeted promotions
- We recommend including the life cycle of a customer. Use the price segment and life cycle segment (e.g. average orders in the first 10 days of a month) to increase customer retention.
Spend and Save
If users spend 100€ they get 20€ cashback for their next purchase.
If users spend 150€ they get 50€ cashback for their next purchase.
If users spend 250€ they get 75€ cashback for their next purchase.
- Encourage repeat purchases, offer your customers an incentive to come back, buy again and increase their lifetime value to your business.
- Get customers to spend more now so that they save money at their next purchase.
If the customer segment is “New Customer”, give a 50€ discount.
If the customer’s purchase count is exactly one and the order value is greater than or equal to 50€, set a 25€ discount.If the customer’s purchase count is exactly two and the order value is greater than or equal to 30€, set a discount of 15€.
If the customer’s purchase count is exactly three and the order value is greater than or equal to 20€, set a discount of 10€.
- Stop spending 50€ for new buyers making just one purchase. Instead, increase new customers’ loyalty by offering cohorted discounts.
- Increase customers’ lifetime value and lower the promotional costs.
If customers search for products in category X, display a pop-up with 5% discount on category X for orders above 100€ and make the offer valid for 20 minutes.
- Convert a higher percentage of your traffic and complete more sales.
- Reduce cart abandonment and bounce rates.
Customer Re-engagement Discount Campaign
If customers have not purchased for 24 weeks, send them a ‘we miss you’ email.
If customers have not purchased for 25 weeks, send them a 10€ discount offer via email.
If customers have not purchased for 27 weeks, invalidate the last discount and send them a new 20€ discount offer via email.
- Acquiring new customers is usually more costly than getting a customer who has previously shopped with you to repurchase.
- Segment your customers by how valuable they are to your business. E.g. high Customer Lifetime Value vs low Customer Lifetime Value, high average order value vs low average order value etc.
- Give lapsed customers an interesting deal to encourage them to spend with you again.
- Thurs Party intergration software may be required for this. Visit out Intergrations page for more info.
Location-Based New Customer Discount
If a new customer makes their first successful purchase and orders to Hamburg, give a 10% discount.
If a new customer makes their first successful purchase and orders to Berlin, give a 15% discount.
- You can improve your relationship with your customers by relating to their location.
- Add a time condition to match a specific local event, e.g. “Berlin Fashion Week”.
If customers have returned exactly 0 items after 2 weeks, give 10% cashback.
If customers have returned less than 3 items after 2 weeks, give 5% cashback.
- Lower your rate of return by over 20%.
- Lower the average shipping cost per order by lowering the volume