This article will go through the Audit Log functionality. By using the Audit Log you can check which changes have been made by a specific user or to a specific application or entity, thus having a complete overview of which changes were made in your account. You can also use it as reference for older changes and use this information to revert your campaign changes.
Accessing the Audit Log
The Audit Log is located in Account Settings. To access it click on Account Settings button and then select the Audit Log. Only admin users have the ability to see it.
Understanding the Audit Log
The Audit Log is organized from the newest to the oldest entry. There are 5 columns in the Audit Log, which are:
- User - the name of the user who has made the change
- Application - the application in which the change was made
- Entity - the entity in which the change was made (e.g. coupons, loyalty, campaigns)
- Time - when the change was made
- Type of Change
Types of Changes
Deletion changes show all attributes which were removed from an entity. This type of change will only show deletions.
Addition changes show all attributes which were added to an entity. This type of change will only show additions.
Modification changes show which modifications were made to an entity. A green line indicates a value added to an attribute whilst a red line indicates a value removed from an attribute.
Using Filters in the Audit Log
You can use filters to locate a specific change easily. You can filter by User, Application, Creation Date or Entity.
- User - filter changes by user
- Application - filter changes by application
- Creation Date - filter changes for a specific date or range of dates
- Entity - filter changes made to an entity (To find out more about Entities, you can check our developers documentation: Link)