In this article, you'll learn how to create a general discount campaign using coupons. You can choose between a cash or percentage discount.
Get in touch if you have questions about what's possible with your account.
- Create a New Campaign in your preferred Application
- Enter the campaign name and select coupons as a feature
- Navigate to Settings to set a schedule (and other relevant features)
- Open the Rule Builder
Create a Rule
- Click +Add Rule
- Type in the name of your rule like 5% Discount (not mandatory, but helpful)
- Click +Add Conditions
- Select Coupon code is valid
- Optional: Add other Conditions to target specific audience segments
- Choose Validate an attribute value if you want to more variables like Signup Date, Session Total, Billing Country, etc.
- Click +Add Effects
- Select Set a discount from the drop-down menu
- Add a discount name (e.g 10% off)
- Create your discount formula in the Value field: Session Total * 5%
- The default formula is a 10% discount on the session total (the total price of items in a customer's basket), but you can add any logic formula required for your campaign.
- Click the blue + button to add a variable or Custom Attribute to your formula (e.g. Minus Shipping Cost)
- Click Save
- Navigate to the Coupons page
- Click +Create Coupon
- Choose your preferred type of coupons: One-Fixed Code or Random Codes
- Set the start and end date, redemption limits and any other settings
- Learn how to create coupons in detail here.
Review all your campaign settings and double-check all the information is correct.
You can see the integration guide that details the necessary technical setup in the Developers Center
Next, you will want to learn about: