In this article, you'll learn how to create a points-based Loyalty Campaign in Talon.One. Before you start, your system must be integrated with Talon.One and have at least one active Application with a connected Loyalty Program.
Loyalty Point Wallets
With a points-based Loyalty Campaign, you give each customer a virtual wallet, then set rules to determine how customers can earn points and how those points can be spent.
If you haven't set up a Loyalty Program yet, check out this article before we get started.
We're going to set up a simple reward points campaign which will give points to customers based on how much they spend in the session and allow them to spend those points on a future order.
When creating your Loyalty program, you might want to turn on subledgers, which would allow customer profiles to hold loyalty points for multiple outlets or on multiple products operating under the same program. We'll cover any differences in approach below as optional steps.
Step 1: Create a Campaign
- From your Talon.One dashboard, click on your Application.
- Click the button +New Campaign.
- Select 'Loyalty' as one of the features.
Now click on the campaign you created and open the Rule Builder.
Step 2: Rule for Earning Points
First up we're going to create the rule for customers earning points.
- Click +Add Rule.
- Give your rule a name.
- Under Conditions, click "Always Trigger Effects", so this rule will apply to all customer sessions.
- Under Effects, click Add Effect and select "Add loyalty points".
- Choose your Loyalty Program from the "Select Loyalty Program" drop-down.
- If your selected Loyalty Program has subledgers enabled, click on the subledger field now.
- Select a string attribute. This will tell the rule which subledger wallet these newly-earned points should go to.
- This attribute will be set up by your development team and could hold, for example, the name of the store, brand or product family the qualifying purchases belong to, so that any points earned on a purchase at 'RestaurantA' will be added to that customer's loyalty balance for 'RestaurantA'.
- Recipient ID should be set to "Current Customer".
- Amount of Points should be set to "[Session.Total]*10% for this example.
- Confirm this Effect and Save your rule.
So far, so good! This rule means that customers will earn points equal to 10% of the total amount they spend every completed transaction.
Step 3: Rule for Spending Points
Now that your customers can earn points, we'll create a rule which allows them to spend the points as currency.
- Click +Add Rule.
- Under Conditions, click +Add Condition and choose "Check loyalty points".
- Select your desired Loyalty Program in the drop-down.
- As above, if your selected Loyalty Program has subledgers enabled, click on the subledgers field and enter an attribute to let the rule know which subledger wallet we should check the balance on.
- Amount of Points should be set to [Session.Total].
- Confirm this Condition by clicking the blue tick icon or clicking outside of the condition section.
- Under Effects, click +Add Effect and select "Set a discount".
- Give the discount a suitable name, like "Pay with points."
- Discount Value should be set to [Session.Total].
- Confirm this Effect and click Save to finalize this rule.
And there we have a simple point redemption rule; if the customer has enough points in their loyalty wallet to cover the session total, they'll redeem those points for a session total discount.
It's important to note that if the condition "Loyalty Points can be Redeemed" is true, the points will be deducted automatically, so the only Effect we need is the discount itself.
Now you know how to create and get started with your first Loyalty Campaign in Talon.One.
This is just one example of what is possible with your Talon.One integration. Depending on the data points you send, you can build rules to meet your promotion requirements.
Next, you might want to check out: