In this article you will learn how to create and test a campaign in Talon.One. To begin, you must have access to an active Talon.One account. Get in touch if you would like to see a demo and set up a trial account.
To get a full picture of how Talon.One can integrate with your shop system or website, you can connect your Talon.One account to our demo online shop environment to see how promotions will appear for your customers.
Follow the steps below to create a basic campaign in Talon.One, then you can test it in the Megastore (the name of our dedicated testing environment).
Step 1. Create A Campaign
- Log into your Talon.One account.
- You'll need to be invited by an Admin user
- Click on your Testing/ Staging Application
- Click New Campaign and select Coupons as a feature
- Navigate to Rule Builder (follow the steps below)
Step 2. Build Campaign Rules
Now you need to define the logic for your campaign in the Rule Builder. Rules in Talon.One consist of Conditions and Effects and are based on a "if a customer does this, then that" framework. Every campaign requires rules before it can be activated.
To create rules for a basic coupon campaign, follow these steps:
- On the Rule Builder page, click Add Rule
- Give your Rule a name like "10% Coupon"
- Click "Add a Condition"
- Select "Coupon code is Valid"
- Optional: Add another condition and choose "Select attribute"
- Search for "Session Total" and choose "is greater than 1000$"
- Add more conditions to extend rule criteria (read more)
- Click "Add Effects"
- Select "Set a discount" (default is 10%, edit if desired)
- Click Save on the top right corner
Note: this is a basic configuration of conditions and effects in the Rule Builder. Browse our How-To Guides in the Help Center to learn more about building different types of campaigns in Talon.One, like dynamic notifications or per product discounts for example.
Step 3. Create Coupon(s)
Now you need to create a coupon code in order to test your campaign. With Talon.One you have the flexibility to create different types of coupon codes and customize the coupon settings in many ways.
Follow these steps to create a Fixed Code:
- Navigate to the Coupons page
- Click Create Coupon
- Select "One Fixed Code" (default)
- Type your coupon name like "HOLIDAY-PROMO"
- Set an start /expiry date (optional)
- Set to "Unlimited redemptions" (optional)
- Click Create
Great! Now you have generated a coupon codes that you can test in the Megastore demo shop. To learn more about coupon codes, read the following articles:
Once you create your campaign, create rules and coupon codes, now you need to activate your campaign. On the campaign dashboard, simply click the Activate Campaign button in the middle of the page. In the next section you will learn how to connect your Talon.One account to the demo environment.
Step 4. Connect to the Megastore
Now it's time to test your campaign and see how Talon.One works. If you fulfill the condition(s) in the campaign rules you just created, you can see what a customer will experience when they enter a valid code. Your own system does not need to be integrated with Talon.One to complete these tests.
To connect your application and test the campaign, follow these steps:
- Open up the Megastore: https://megastore.talon.farm/
- Click on Connect Application
- Type in the API Key from your Talon.One account
- If you don't have an API Key, find out how to generate one here.
- Navigate to the Developers section in your account by clicking on the Manage Applications button on the homepage of your account for on Developers from the settings drop-down
- Please remember to mark your API key as a test_key (name of the key) you are using for this connection.
- Enter the API Key into the fields in the Megastore
Congrats, now your application is connected! As you perform actions in the Megastore, you can click the arrow on the right to view the request payload and the response that Talon.One sends.
Step. 4 Activate + Test Campaign
- Click "Activate" once you create a campaign and build rules,
- Enter that code you create earlier on the checkout page
- You should see the discount applied if you fulfill the conditions you have defined, for example:
- Enter the valid coupon code "HOLIDAY-PROMO"
- Place item in cart over 500$
- The discount amount should be visible on the screen
- Click the arrow on the top right and click on Request or Response to view the payload
Now you know how to create a basic coupon campaign in Talon.One and test it in our demo shop. Connecting campaigns with the demo shop is a good way to test the many possibilities available with Talon.One. Remember these are just a few examples of what is possible with Talon.One.
To learn more about integrating with Talon.One, please check out our Developer Documentation.
Get in touch if you have questions about testing your campaigns or would like to discuss your campaign requirements, we'd love to hear from you!