The Rule Builder is the heart of Talon.One's Campaign Manager. In this article, you will get an introduction to the functionality available with the Rule Builder for creating your promotional campaigns.
Accessing the Rule Builder
- Log in to your Talon.One Account
- Click on the Application you want to work with
- Click on New Campaign or select an existing campaign
- Give your campaign a name or edit campaign settings
- Click on Rule Builder
Before You Start
- Be sure you have created at least one Application in Talon.One and you are familiar with the basics of Creating a Campaign.
- It's important that your integration is running and you're sending data to Talon.One. Read our Integration Guide to learn more about integrating your system with Talon.One.
- We provide resources and inspiration for campaign ideas if you aren't sure what kind of promotional campaign is best for your business.
What's a Rule?
A Rule is defined by Conditions and Effects that get evaluated by our powerful Promotion Engine. If the Conditions are successfully validated, the Effects defined in your campaign rule are triggered immediately.
Marketers are given full flexibility for choosing from a series of expressions to create their unique promotional campaigns, whatever their use case. Rules may use both aggregated data and data from the current request to make their decisions.
Your rule must have Conditions and Effects before you save a rule and activate your promotional campaign. This typically follows the logic "If someone does THIS, then execute THAT effect".
Here are some examples:
- Conditions: If a customer enters a valid coupon code, If a customer registers, If a customer has billing address X, If a customer puts X€ in their basket, etc.
- Effects: Set a discount of X%, Discount on SKU123, Give free shipping, Trigger Email with Coupon, Update customer profile, Give Free product, etc.
- See more examples in Campaign Ideas.
Now that you are familiar with the basics of the Rule Builder, next you will learn How to Build a Rule.