The Rule Builder is the heart of Talon.One's Campaign Manager. In this article, you'll learn some of the functionality available with the Rule Builder for creating your promotional campaigns.
Accessing the Rule Builder
- Log in to your Talon.One Account
- Click on the Application you want to work with
- Click on New Campaign or select an existing campaign
- Give your campaign a name or edit campaign settings
- Click on Rule Builder
Before You Start
- Be sure you've created at least one Application in Talon.One and you're familiar with the basics of Creating a Campaign.
- Make sure your integration is running and you're sending data to Talon.One. Read this Integration Guide to learn more about connecting your system to Talon.One.
- We provide resources and inspiration for campaign ideas in our blog if you aren't sure what kind of promotional campaign is best for your business.
What's a Rule?
A Rule is defined by Conditions and Effects that get evaluated by our powerful Promotion Engine.
If your conditions are successfully validated, the effects defined in your campaign rule are triggered immediately.
You can choose from a series of expressions to create unique promotional campaigns, whatever your use case. Rules can use any data from your customer's session or profile attributes you've collected.
Your rule must have conditions and effects before you save a rule and activate your promotional campaign. This typically follows the logic "If someone does THIS, then execute THAT effect".
Here are some examples:
Conditions (if this):
- If a customer enters a valid coupon code
- If a customer registers
- If a customer has billing address X
- If a customer adds X€ of items to their basket
Effects (then that):
- Set a discount of X%
- Discount on SKU123
- Give free shipping
- Trigger Email with Coupon
- Update customer profile
- Give Free product
See more examples in Campaign Ideas.
Now you're familiar with the basics of the Rule Builder, next you should learn How to Build a Rule.